Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is just a simple, no-fuss chili that comes together in a flash and is great comfort food.
Make and share this Mom's Easy Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 (14 ounce) canpeeled tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 large bay leaf
- Brown hamburger with onions and garlic; add first five seasonings.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 30 minutes on medium heat.
Great recipe! The only thing I changes was to use garlic powder instead of garlic salt and I used tomatoes out of my garden instead of a can. This is not a very spicy chili so it is perfect for families! Thanks Chilicat! We all loved it!