Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This is a quick to prepare delicious chicken dish. It can be prepared early in the day, refrigerated and baked before dinner.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (golden mushroom can be used)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 (6 ounce) box fresh mushrooms, stems removed sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine (cooking wine is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Pat chicken breasts dry with paper towels.
- In large skillet over medium heat melt 1/4 cup butter or margarine.
- Brown chicken breasts for 5 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Place chicken breasts close together in single layer in large casserole dish.
- Sauté sliced mushrooms in remaining 2 T. butter or margarine for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Add wine, mushroom soup and sour cream to skillet and stir to mix. Cook until it bubbles but do not let boil.
- Pour mixture over chicken breasts in casserole.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered at 325°F for 1 hour and 15 minutes. It should be browned and bubbly.
- Serve with rice, wild rice or buttered noodles.