Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite summer comfort dishes, I make this to mark the beginning and ending of summer.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs unpeeled red potatoes, diced
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion, plus
- 1 tablespoon diced onion
- 1 -1 1⁄2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- Boil potatoes until tender when pierced with fork; drain and put into large mixing bowl, and sprinkle with salt.
- Add onion.
- Mix mustard, milk, mayo, vinegar, sugar, pepper, celery seed, and dill in small bowl, and pour over potatoes and onion.
- Stir gently; add eggs and stir gently to mix.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.
An old-fashioned potato salad- very creamy with the milk addition. The dill and celery seeds combine nicely with the sauce. Roxygirl in Colo.