Recipe by JanetSmith154
I'll put the Pork chop variation in the directions - thus, making it a pork chop and rice recipe - I LOVE this rice! It's great with chicken, pork chops, beef - etc. and you can add sauteed mushrooms or onions or both - whatever you want. This is just a base - NOW. You have to stir this about halfway through because the butter will sit on top and it'll look scary, but I promise - it's yummy!!! I have used the Healthy Request Mush Soup to much success! Enjoy!
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans beef consomme soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, sliced
- 1 cup white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven 350.
- Combine all ingredients and pour into a 2 quart casserole and bake covered for 1 hour.
- VARIAION: Brown (about 2 minutes per side in vegetable or olive oil) 4 Pork Chops (I prefer bone-in) and add to rice mixture, but the ingredients will fit better using a 9x13 pan. Cover and bake 1 hour.