Recipe by Douglas Poe
Deviled eggs are a staple for any holiday or Sunday meal in the south. You might wonder why 7 eggs when most egg plates have 12 slots......well 1 for the cook to eat.
- 7 eggs
- 3 -4 tablespoons mayonnaise (enough to moisten)
- 1 dash mustard powder
- 1 -2 dash onion powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat.
- Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Cut the eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove the yolks to a bowl.
- Mash the yolks with the mayonnaise, mustard and onion.
- Spoon the mixture into the egg white halves and garnish with a sprinkle of paprika, chives or bacon bits.