Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A staple of every 4th of July picnic from 1957 until the late 1990s ... I have no idea where Mom got the receipt; I can't believe I couldn't find this recipe here. The secret is the dried onion flakes. (Some recipes shouldn't be made too complicated; for me, potato salad and deviled eggs need to be kept simple, or "classic." This recipe does that.)
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled
- 59.14 ml Miracle Whip
- 4.92 ml prepared mustard (French's, of course)
- 1.23 ml salt
- 14.79 ml dried onion flakes
- Cut eggs in half, removing yolks to a mixing bowl.
- Mix together egg yolks, Miracle Whip, mustard, salt, and dehydrated onion.
- Spoon back into egg whites and chill.