Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
My Mom made these for me when I was growing up. Back then it was the only way she could get me to eat something as healthy as (GASP!) wheat germ.
- 3 cups whole wheat flour or 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- nonstick cooking spray
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt.
- Stir in wheat germ.
- In a seperate bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- In bowl with eggs, beat in milk, honey, and oil until well.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Spray fry pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, cook until golden brown.
- on each side.
- Serve with syrup and butter!
I have been experimenting with different pancake recipes, thinking most were about the same. These, however, were delicious! These are light and have an awesome taste to them. Plus I love being able to sneak something healthy into their breakfast! :-) Will definately be making these again and again!
Loved them. cut the recipe in half, used applesauce for the oil & added some Splenda & 2 tsp cinn. Nice & fluffy. thanks so much.