1/8 Photos of Mom's Delicious Homemade Bread
2 hrs 25 mins
Leah's Kitchen's Note:
This is my Mom's recipe. It is so good, very light and fluffy with a crispy crust on the bottom. Very simple too. Can be used to make rolls, or loaves. You can easily double it. You can also add 1c. raisins and/or slivered almonds,orange/lemon zest and vanilla extract to a loaf for a festive holiday bread. The options are endless!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine warm water, yeast, oil and honey in a large bowl, let sit for 5 minutes then add the salt and egg. Stir all together.
- 2Add the flour one cup at a time, stirring together after each cup. Around the 5th cup your dough will begin to come together pulling away from the sides of the bowl and forming a ball.
- 3Empty the dough onto a clean, floured surface and begin kneading the dough adding a little more flour as it becomes sticky. It should be slightly sticky. Knead for 3-5 minutes until smooth, firm and elastic.
- 4Set aside to rise until double.
- 5Divide dough into 2 loaves or 1 loaf and 12 rolls or all rolls if you like. Place in well greased loaf pan or rolls on a greased cookie sheet.
- 6Preheat oven to 375°F
- 7Set aside to rise until almost double once more.
- 8Bake loaves for 25-30 minutes, or rolls for 15 minutes. They should be golden brown on top and bottom when done.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Delicious Homemade Bread
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.3
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 476.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 8.0 g