Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
My mother makes these often. I've tweaked the recipe a bit. I use refried beans in this, but black beans are also good. You can leave out the beans if you'd like.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (7 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) can green enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- flour tortilla
- Dice chicken and cook in large skillet until no longer pink.
- Add cream cheese, cook until melted.
- Add green chilies, garlic powder, salt, pepper, cumin, and 1/2 of the enchilada sauce.
- Heat beans in microwave.
- Spoon a layer of beans and chicken mixture down the middle of each tortilla. Roll up and place in baking dish.
- Mix soup, sour cream and enchilada sauce and pour over rolled up enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350°F until hot and bubbly.
Mmmmmm enchiladas! I made this for PAC Spring 2008. The whole family enjoyed this, even DH, who doesn't like refried beans, and picky DS, who doesn't like to try new things. You neglected to mention in the list of ingredients what kind of soup to use, so I read some other similar recipes and decided to use cream of chicken soup. I found that baking for 35 to 40 minutes was perfect in my oven. Thanks for sharing!