Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A creamy casserole that is perfect for any occaision. I often bring it over to other people's houses, as it's a "safe" dish for most people's likes and dislikes.
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can water
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced finely
- 1 green pepper, diced
- Add soup to a bowl, and add water a little bit at a time. Stir in salt.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Turn into greased baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees, 45-60 min, or until vegetables and rice are tender.
I liked this recipe -- not so much the others who tried it! That may be due to my numerous substitutions. I used Pacific brand creamy mushroom soup plus 4 oz water to equal 20 oz of liquid; brown rice; and Lightlife Chick'n strips in place of the chicken. There was so much sodium in there already that I left out the salt. It worked out well, actually. Thanks for posting!