Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom has made this as far back as I can remember and it never lasted past the night. The best flavor ever!
- 10 granny smith apples
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 pillsbury pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel and slice apples.
- In large bowl mix apples well with cinnamon, sugar, and flour.
- Put 1 pie crust in the bottom of a pie plate (my mom always used a deep dish one).
- Cut up one stick of butter and place slices in the bottom of the pie plate.
- Pour apples on top of butter as high as you can (heaping the apples keeps them from baking down so much).
- Cut up the remaining stick of butter and place on top of apples.
- Stretch pie crust over the top of the heaping apples and pinch sides of pie crusts together.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar and pierce a few times with a fork.
- Cover pie with foil.
- Place pie on a cookie sheet
- Bake on bottom rack for 30 minutes
- Unfoil top of pie but leave crust foiled for another 30 minutes or until done.
- Pie will still be heaping after it is done baking.