Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Growing up my mother made this after the holidays with the leftovers (even using turkey instead of chicken), served over rice. Times are my best guess as have not made this in awhile.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 large green peppers, sliced
- 4 large onions, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup water
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 lb cooked chicken, cubed
- Fry green peppers and onions in butter until tender.
- Stir in soup and water and bring to a boil.
- Add curry powder and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and continue simmering until chicken is heated through.
This was good. It was easy to make. I used 2 teaspoons of Curry Powder instead of 3. It was the right amount for me. The leftovers were really good. I will be making this again. Thanks for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Spring '08.
Wow. This was so easy! The hardest part was waiting for the rice to cook!! I put leftover turkey from Christmas dinner in. And I used cream of mushroom soup as that was all I had in the cupboard. The boys loved it! There was a bit too much curry for their tastes as I didn't scale it back even though I took out the green peppers and onions. I did sub in some leftover carrots but not enough to make up the difference. I ended up using milk instead of water as I added it without thinking. Even with all my changes (sorry!) this was still a great recipe. My pickiest of eaters ate until he was stuffed. That says a LOT right there! Thank you so much for sharing!