Recipe by Chill
Nothing to be said except this is one excellent recipe for relish!! This may take you longer than stated.
- 8 cups peeled cucumbers, coarsely chopped (use a food processor)
- 4 cups onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 1⁄2 cups vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the cucumbers, onions and red pepper.
- Sprinkle with salt and mix thoroughly.
- Let stand on counter overnight.
- Rinse in cold water and let drain thoroughly.
- Mix sugar, flour, ginger and tumeric in a large pot.
- Add vinegar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add cucumber mixture and simmer until it is thickened.
- Process in a hot water bath for 5 minutes.
- Preparation time does not include standing overnight.