Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
One of my favorite main dishes my mom makes. You won't believe how tender these will be.
- 4 cube steaks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil or 1 cup your choice oil
- 1 (4 tablespoon) package beef stew seasoning
- 4 cups water or 4 cups beef broth
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in skillet. Preheat oven 375.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on cube steaks. Coat cube steaks with flour.
- Cook cube steaks in skillet until both sides are brown. Transfer to baking dish.
- Cook onion in skillet that you used for cube steaks until tender. Place onion on the cube steaks.
- Mix beef stew seasoning with 2 cups hot water or hot beef broth. Pour over cube steak. Add the other 2 cups of water to the pan until cube steaks are just covered.
- Cover pan with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour.
I loved all the delicious gravy to dip rolls in, and the steaks were tender and yummy!