Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a classic recipe my mom has been making since the 60s. This is an easy recipe and great for company.
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, uncooked and crumbled
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Make dressing ahead, mix together and refrigerate.
- Mix salad ingredients together, noodles last.
- Toss slightly.
- Pour dressing and serve immediately.
This was a pleasant version of Asian Slaw. I did notice a problem in the recipe so for that reason my rating is not 5 star. As written the ingredient list only calls for 1/2 CUP of cabbage. I didn't think that was correct for a salad to serve 6 so increased it to 1/2 a head of cabbage. I also used the seasoning pkt from the ramen in the dressing mixture. I really enjoyed the addition of the sesame seeds. The salad is mild in flavor & crunchy when first served. It wasn't as big of a hit the next day. Everything was oily & limp so it is definitely not a make ahead salad. This type of salad is meant to be served freshly made anyway to be at it's best. Thank you for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall '08 Pick A Chef.