Prep 35 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I got this recipe from my mom and it is one of our favorites.
- 453.59 g ground beef
- 3 (1360.77 g) canlight red kidney beans
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 793.78 g can whole tomatoes
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 44.37 ml water
- 0.32 ml hot sauce
- Cook ground beef and onion, then drain. Meanwhile, mix chili powder and water to make a paste.
- Return beef to skillet and cook with the chili powder mixture 5-10 minutes.
- Liquefy tomatoes in blender or food processor and add to crock pot.
- Add green peppers, salt, sugar, beans, and hot sauce to crock pot; stir. Then add ground beef and stir.
- Cook on high 3 hours or low 5-6 hours until beans are tender.