Recipe by i_luv_chocolate
My mom made this dish when she was wanting something to make in her crock pot and she was in a mood for a hot, hearty meal. She came up with this recipe using things she already had on hand and it was delicious. I will definetly be making this more in the colder months, when I'm wanting some comfort food. You can add any more spices or veggies that you like. I might add some green beans as well. It is delicious served with biscuits or cornbread. If you don't have the canned soup, you can use 2 packets of Lipton's Onion Soup mix and 2-4 cups of water or beef broth...but don't add any more salt if you do, the mix is salty enough.
- 3 (10 1/2 ounce) canscampbells French onion soup
- 1 (2 lb) package beef stew meat
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1⁄4 onion, diced
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 large potatoes, chopped into chunks
- 1 (2 -4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans green beans
- 1 cup water, if needed
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder, to taste
- 3 dashes italian seasoning (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sear meat in skillet, season lightly with salt, pepper, & garlic powder, cook till done, and transfer to crock pot.
- Chop and Dice potatoes, onion, and carrots.
- Transfer all veggies to crock pot.
- Add cans of French Onion soup, water, and other spices to your liking.
- Stir to combine ingredients.
- Cover & cook stew in crock pot for 6 hours on high or until meat and veggies are tender.
- Serve with biscuits or cornbread and Enjoy.