Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Technically, this recipe did not originate from my mom. She got it when my sister's kindergarten class made these rolls many, many years ago. We have had them every Thanksgiving since. Enjoy!
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- Mix water and yeast let stand.
- Mix eggs, sugar, oil, milk and salt.
- Add yeast.
- Add flour to yeast, stir after each cup.
- Cover and let rise for 2 hours.
- Flour bread board, divide dough in half.
- Knead slightly adding flour until it is no longer sticky.
- Roll into a circle and cut with a pizza cutter into 12 or 16 pieces.
- Roll starting with the big end of the each piece of dough.
- Place on greased baking sheet.
- Repeat steps 7-10 with second ball of dough.
- Cover and let rise till double in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake 7-10 minutes till golden brown.