Recipe by Lori Mama
This was my Mom's favorite cookie recipe. She would add different extras to it every time she made it.
Top Review by Debbwl
This is the kind of cookie that would make you run home from school. A nice soft oatmeal cookie that you would never get bored with given the wide verity of stir in's. I made as written using half dates and half walnuts. Thanks for the post.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, or (any flavor or color)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped, or
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped, or
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In heavy duty mixer or by hand cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Sift together the flour, soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture along with oats and blend. Fold in any extras you wish.
- Drop by teaspoons full, or however large you like your cookie, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.