This was my Mom's favorite cookie recipe. She would add different extras to it every time she made it.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips, or (any flavor or color)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup dates, chopped, or
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped, or
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In heavy duty mixer or by hand cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until combined.
- Sift together the flour, soda and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture along with oats and blend. Fold in any extras you wish.
- Drop by teaspoons full, or however large you like your cookie, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.