1/9 Photos of Mom's Create-A-Cookie
1 hr 5 mins
Lori Mama's Note:
This was my Mom's favorite cookie recipe. She would add different extras to it every time she made it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 -1 1/2 cup chocolate chips, or (any flavor or color)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup dates, chopped, or
- 1 -1 1/2 cup nuts, chopped, or
- 1 -1 1/2 cup raisins
- 1Preheat oven to 325°.
- 2In heavy duty mixer or by hand cream together the butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla, beat until combined.
- 3Sift together the flour, soda and salt.
- 4Add to creamed mixture along with oats and blend. Fold in any extras you wish.
- 5Drop by teaspoons full, or however large you like your cookie, on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- 6Bake for 12 minutes.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Create-A-Cookie
Serving Size: 1 (1609 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.3
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 96.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g