Recipe by Chef ~Eileen~
This is my mother's revised copy of my grandmothers mac & cheese. This one is really cheesy and creamy.
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese (I use Velvetta)
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs or 3⁄4 cup cracker
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine first six ingredients and beat until smooth, using a wire whisk.
- Layer in a greased baking dish alternating with a layer of macaroni then a layer of cheese.
- Pour milk mixture over macaroni;sprinkle with bread or cracker crumbs.
- Bake covered for 50 minutes.
- Uncover during the last 5 min to crisp the top.