Recipe by Chef OG
This is the ONLY thumbprint I will make. I tried other recipes and this one is the best. The cream cheese keeps the cookies from being dry and cracking. They look as good as they taste
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup of finely chopped walnuts
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- 1 (10 ounce) jar apricots or 1 (10 ounce) jar raspberry jam
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the Butter, Shortening Cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture in small batches to the butter mixture mixing well.
- Chill dough for 2-3 hours.
- Roll into 1”balls dip in egg white and roll in chopped nuts.
- Fill with Raspberry or Apricot Jam.
- Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes.