Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is the ONLY thumbprint I will make. I tried other recipes and this one is the best. The cream cheese keeps the cookies from being dry and cracking. They look as good as they taste
- Cream the Butter, Shortening Cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix flour and salt in a separate bowl.
- Add flour mixture in small batches to the butter mixture mixing well.
- Chill dough for 2-3 hours.
- Roll into 1”balls dip in egg white and roll in chopped nuts.
- Fill with Raspberry or Apricot Jam.
- Bake at 350 for 10-13 minutes.
I loved this cookie dough. However, I am only giving it four stars because your ingredient list is incomplete. You left off the egg white, chopped nuts, and jam. I skipped the egg white and chopped nuts, so my cookies are a little non-traditional, but still taste good, and I filled the cookies with black cherry and blueberry jam. By the way, two dozen cookies took just about 10 oz of jam.
I wanted a richer dough than you normally get with thumbprints so that I could make some with and without nuts. These are very tasty and moister than the others I've tried. Great recipe, Chef OG!