Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Crawfish pies are pretty common in the south, although they may seem strange to a northerner. My next door neighbor, who was from Michigan, always requested this meal from my mom.
- 1 lb crawfish tail
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 16 -20 puff pastry shells
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 bunch green onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- Melt butter over medium heat.
- Chop green onions finely and cook in melted butter and blend until bubbly.
- Add mushrooms and celery and continue to cook for 5 minutes longer.
- Add crawfish tails with juice, finely chopped mushrooms, cooking sherry, and salt and pepper. Simmer until warm.
- Fill pastry shells and serve.