Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is great served with breakfast or brunch or just as a hearty snack. I like to serve with softened cream cheese as a spread. Prep time does not include overnight soaking for cranberries.
- 473.18 ml fresh cranberries, cut in half
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 946.36 ml flour
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 236.59 ml orange juice
- 7.39 ml orange rind, grated
- 19.71 ml butter, melted
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 19.71 ml hot water
- Mix cranberries and 1 cup sugar and let stand overnight.
- Mix together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Sift together.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, orange juice, hot water, melted butter, orange rind and chopped walnuts. Add to dry ingredients.
- Stir in cranberries and pour mixture into two greased and floured bread pans.
- Bake for 1 hours at 325 degrees.
Taste was good but the end result was just too dry. Sorry.
ABSOLUTELY WONDERFUL BREAD! I liked everything about it ~ Its preparation (so easy), its aroma (so comforting), its taste (out-of-this-world, in my opinion)! I ALWAYS buy extra bags of fresh cranberries, especially when they're quality berries, & freeze them to use throughout the year (if I still have any left by the end of Spring)! And, although I did follow the list of ingredients, I was very generous with the orange zest (I usually am when it comes to zest)! I gifted one of the loaves to a neighbor couple & they loved it as much as we did, but if I grant my other half his wish, I'll be making another couple of loaves within the week! Thank you so much for this wonderfully tasty treat! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
Great recipe, adapts well to gluten free, too! I made one loaf gluten free, one loaf as per the recipe, both turned out perfect! The batter does come out very thick - don't be alarmed. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe! Made for PRMR tag.