Recipe by tehya67
This is a favorite recipe at our Thanksgiving table. My mom has made this every year for as long as I can remember. Now I make it for my family. Prep time does not include chilling in the fridge. This makes a beautiful salad. It's also great at Christmas. Put it in a mold before chilling. After plating it, garnish with fresh mint or parsley
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (6 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 25 -30 large marshmallows
- 2 cups apples (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water and sugar in pot and bring to a boil.
- Add cranberries. Cook until cranberries pop open.
- While mixture is hot, add strawberry Jell-o. Stir until combined.
- Add marshmallows. Stir until melted.
- Pour into bowl.
- Chill just until cool but not set. About 30 minutes. Your next step will be to add the rest of the ingredients. You want your apples, celery and pecans to be combined within the salad. You don't want them to sink to the bottom of the bowl. If the Jell-o mixture is too warm the ingredients will sink.
- Add apples, celery and pecans. Stir.
- Pour into mold or bowl. Chill until set.
- We usually fix this the night before so that it is ready to eat at Thanksgiving lunch.