Recipe by Demelza
This is a sugar cookie that you don't have to roll and cut. I always use a cookie scoop when making these. The last time I made them I had some organic cane sugar that I used to roll them in, it really seemed to add some extra sparkle to the finished cookies. The note my Mom had on the recipe is DO NOT double or flatten the cookies. The cookies will turn out slightly differently if you use a hand mixer or a big stand mixer. I use my KitchenAid stand mixer & bake the cookies for 10 minutes. They turn out flatter, slightly soft & chewy, just the way I like them. If you use a stand mixer you could chill your dough or add 2 tsp of instant clearjeI to it to stop the cookies from spreading as much. I think they would make a wonderful icecream sandwich.
Top Review by Smile1968
DELICIOUS! I made a double batch and I did add a couple of teaspoons of vanilla and a teaspoon of salt. I will make them again and again! Thank you so much for the yummy recipe!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter & sugar.
- Mix in egg.
- Mix in flour, cream of tartar & baking soda till well combined.
- Drop tablespoon size balls in sugar, roll to coat.
- Place 12 cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet, do not flatten.
- Bake at 350 for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Slide parchment with cookies onto wire rack to cool.
- Store in airtight container.