Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
When I was a kid growing up in Baltimore, my brothers & sisters would almost fight to get to these. Since there was six of us Mom had to Triple the recipe.
- 1 lb lump crabmeat
- 4 pieces white bread, made into fine breadcrumbs (crust Removed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 egg
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard or 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Mix Crab meat, Bread crumbs & Parsley.
- Mix all egg mixture ingredients togeether.
- Join Crab and Egg mixtures together.
- Form into balls (ping pong sized balls).
- Deep Fry at 350F until outside is golden.
- (about 7 or so minutes).
- FOR CRAB CAKES:.
- Form mixture into 6-10 cakes.
- Fry in pan with just enough oil to prevent sticking until they are browned (about 5 min per side).