Recipe by kellychris
My Mom told me that since this is my favorite, I have to make it this year for Christmas!!! Very,VERY good dressing!!!
- 4 large chicken breasts (with or without bones)
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper (optional)
- pan baked cornbread (not sweet)
- 1 dozen hard-boiled egg
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- ground sage (to taste)
- tony's seasoning (to taste)
- 5 -6 beaten raw eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil together: chicken breasts,onion,celery,chicken broth,and bellpepper.
- Crumble cooled cornbread in large bowl.
- Add peeled and chopped eggs.
- Remove chicken when done and debone,if necessary.
- Chop up and add back to pot.
- Remove from heat.
- When cooled, add chicken and liquid to cornbread/egg mixture in bowl.
- Make sure all the cornbread is thoroughly wet,but NOT soupy.
- Use a slotted spoon to add as much of the onion,celery,bell pepper as possible.
- If not wet enough,add either more chicken broth or a can of cream of chicken soup.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add ground sage a little at a time and taste test.It is EASY to add too much.
- so add it SLOWLY.
- I add a little Tony's seasoning,to taste.
- After this mixture has cooled,add 5-6 raw,beaten eggs,stirring well after each.
- More bell pepper can be added at this point(if you feel necessary).
- Place in baking pan.
- Bake at 350.
- Let the top brown.
- This can be made ahead and frozen,but be sure to take it out 1 day in advance to thaw before baking or can be refrigerated overnight to bake the next morning.