Prep 1 hr
Cook 45 mins
This is my mom's recipe. We all love this dressing and everyone asks for the recipe when we serve it.
- pre-made cornbread, crumbled up (1 pan, any way you like to make it)
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped onions
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth (1-2 cans)
- ground sage
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix cornbread, celery, onion, eggs and 1 can of broth together.
- Add salt, pepper and sage to taste.
- Bake at 350° for 30-45 minutes or until done.
- Half way through cooking check moisture; slowly add other can of broth if needed.
This was a very simple recipe that turned out delicious. Since I like my onions and celery well done, I parboiled the chopped veggies in chicken stock, and drained them before assembling the ingredients. It made the dressing nice and moist. There was no need to add additional stock.
Great dressing recipe...my DH wont stop eating it !!
This is easy and wonderful. I made it for Thanksgiving but left out the celery and ground sage. I added 2 finely chopped boiled eggs.