1/6 Photos of Mom's Comfort Chicken
My mom made this for me each time she came out to help after the birth of my children. She did the cooking and made this wonderful, simple and super tasty dish! I still make this a lot on cool nights. Very comforting and can be done super quickly. My kids love it too if I don't spice it up too much. I like to add a few shakes of crushed red peppers to the dish. We usually serve this over rice but I bet serving it over egg noodles would be great too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into chunks)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use Garli Garni!)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup water
- 14 ounces cream of chicken soup (or mushroom or broccoli)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1Saute garlic and chicken in olive oil until browned.
- 2Add fresh mushrooms and saute with chicken.
- 3Sprinkle with Garli Garni, paprika, parsley, garlic pepper and onion salt.
- 4Add dried chicken boullion granules and 1/2 cup of water.
- 5Simmer 10 minutes.
- 6Stir in cream of chicken soup.
- 7Heat through and serve over rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Comfort Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (316 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.5
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 80.7 mg
- Sodium 1073.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 29.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic pepper seasoning