My mom made this for me each time she came out to help after the birth of my children. She did the cooking and made this wonderful, simple and super tasty dish! I still make this a lot on cool nights. Very comforting and can be done super quickly. My kids love it too if I don't spice it up too much. I like to add a few shakes of crushed red peppers to the dish. We usually serve this over rice but I bet serving it over egg noodles would be great too!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (cut into chunks)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄2 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (I use Garli Garni!)
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 14 ounces cream of chicken soup (or mushroom or broccoli)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Saute garlic and chicken in olive oil until browned.
- Add fresh mushrooms and saute with chicken.
- Sprinkle with Garli Garni, paprika, parsley, garlic pepper and onion salt.
- Add dried chicken boullion granules and 1/2 cup of water.
- Simmer 10 minutes.
- Stir in cream of chicken soup.
- Heat through and serve over rice.
My husband and I really enjoyed this recipe. It was easy to make and very flavorful. This recipe will become a staple in my household. Thanks for a great recipe!
Everyone in my household seemed to enjoy this recipe. Will make it again!
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I didn't have any mushrooms and I didn't have garlic pepper so I used black pepper instead but only used 1/4 teaspoon. This was a bit spicy for me - I know I am a whimp. We put it over noodles as my family isn't crazy about rice. We enjoyed it.