Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The one I grew up on. Very good!
- 4 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 minced small onion
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- Mix cabbage, onion, carrots, and green pepper in bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Pour over vegetables.
- Toss until well coated.
This a great German Coleslaw recipe that is good for those who don't like the creamy kind! Sweet & Sour, and really good!
Hold the mayo. Nice to eat a great tasting coleslaw without much fat.