Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from my mom - she's been making this for us since we were small. I hope someone else enjoys this!
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise (I use low fat) or 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip (I use low fat)
- 2 tablespoons vinegar or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Mix the dressing - and let it sit a while. (couple hours or overnight is best, but I've used it after an hour or so -- ).
- Keep separate from the cabbage and mix as you need it.
- Mixes with 4C shredded Cabbage.
Made my DH and DS happy. First time making homemade coleslaw. Good Recipe. Made for the Orphanage Spring 2013.
This was very good coleslaw dressing. Loved the celery seeds! I did add a bit more sugar, but I grew up eating my mom's coleslaw, and hers was a bit sweeter. LOL. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
This recipe is simple, fast and very good. It will be my go to for cole slaw!