Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Yet another family favorite--so easy to make, and delicious to boot!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons flour
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 7 ounces shredded coconut
- Melt margarine.
- In bowl, add margarine to sugar and flour and mix well.
- Beat in remaining ingredients.
- Pour mixture into two unbaked 9 inch pie shells.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
TGirl, if this is your Mom's recipe, please tell her it is a winner! I couldn't wait to taste it, so I had a piece while still warm, and it still tasted fantastic! I can't wait to taste it chilled! I used Mean Chef's Classic Pie Crust recipe #26205 for the pie shells, which is an excellent pie crust recipe and worked perfectly with this pie. I used butter instead of margarine, because I had no margarine in the house, otherwise, I made as directed. Thank you, TGirl, for an excellent recipe!