1/1 Photo of Mom's Classic Cupcakes
Geniale Genie's Note:
This is the cupcake & icing recipe my mom always uses. The icing doesn't have that commercial-tasting flavour most have. It is so basic that it is incredibly versatile. My favourite is to make chocolate icing and dip the iced cupcake into roasted coconut.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Beat thoroughly eggs, oil, and sugar, until light and bubbly.*.
- 3In a seperate bowl, sift flour and baking powder.
- 4Add to the eggs, alternating with the milk.
- 5Stir only until texture is smooth, as little as possible.
- 6If you wish, this is the time to add chocolate chips, nuts, raisins, or whatever.
- 7Pour into paper-lined muffin pan.
- 8Bake 20-25 minutes, until cupcakes are golden & a toothpick comes out clean.
- 9Cool before frosting.
- 11Whip the icing sugar, butter, vanilla & add only enough milk for the icing to be smooth.
- 13In cupcake batter, you can add spices, flavourings, your can include chocolate chips and/or raisins and/or cocoa and/or coconut, etc. etc.
- 14To the icing, you can add cocoa and/or mint, almond, orange extracts (or any other kind) to taste.
- 15You can also add food colouring to the vanilla icing.
- 16Dip the top of frosted cupcakes into shaved chocolate, sprinkles, roasted coconut, candy, spices etc. etc.
- 17Let your kids go wild!
- 18*The more you beat the eggs & sugar mix, the fluffier the cake will be.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Classic Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (996 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.6
- Calories from Fat 103
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 47.5 mg
- Sodium 137.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 30.8 g
- Protein 3.2 g