1/3 Photos of Mom's Clam Chowder
Sue Lau's Note:
This chowder always disappears. It disappeared when my mom made it, and it's a hit now with my family too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml water
- 0.25 ml salt
- 946.36 ml peeled chopped potatoes
- 118.29 ml finely chopped onion
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- 29.58 ml dried parsley flakes
- 340.19 g can evaporated milk
- 2 (566.99 g) can baby clams
- salt and pepper
- 1Cook potato in 2 cups water with pinch of salt until tender, but do not drain.
- 2In a small pan, saute onion in butter until tender; add flour, cayenne, and celery seed; stir well.
- 3Drain juice from clams into potatoes and reserve clams for later.
- 4Add parsley and milk to potatoes, and stir well.
- 5Heat potato mixture, and add onion/flour mixture, stirring constantly until thickened slightly.
- 6Stir in clams; and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Cook for 5-10 minutes more or until heated through.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 491.0
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 1141.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 31.8 g