1/1 Photo of Mom's Clam Chowder
This is so easy to make and is so good (especially in a bread bowl!) I keep a few cans of clams in the cupboard so that I can make it anytime!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dice celery, onion, and potatoes (I use a food processor for the onion and celery, but if you want larger pieces that is fine too).
- 2Place in saucepan.
- 3Drain juice from clams and pour over the vegetables.
- 4Add enough water to cover the vegetables.
- 5Cook on medium heat until potatoes are tender (about 20 minutes).
- 6In another medium to large pot melt butter.
- 7Add flour and half & half.
- 8Cook mixture stirring constantly until thick and smooth.
- 9Add the vegetables with the juice and clams to the cream sauce.
- 10Add salt, pepper (to taste), and sugar.
- 11Cook a few minutes longer until heated through and serve.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Clam Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (362 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.3
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.2 g
- Cholesterol 161.8 mg
- Sodium 897.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 23.6 g