1/1 Photo of Mom's Cinnamon Rolls
24 hrs 30 mins
Chef on the coast's Note:
I grew up eating these. My mom is a great cook and most of the time had something tasty going on in the kitchen. DH and kids look forward to the times when I make these. I make them the night before and let them rise in the fridge overnight. The trick is getting up before everyone else to get them in the oven... This recipe can easily be halved. Still use the 1 egg if doing so.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 2 cups lukewarm milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 -6 cups flour
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in milk, sugar, oil, baking powder, salt, egg and 2-3 cups flour and nutmeg. Beat until smooth.
- 2Add enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle and not sticky. Knead until smooth.
- 3Let rise until double. About an hour.
- 4Grease two 9x13 baking pans.
- 5Divide dough in half and roll each portion into 12x10 rectangle.
- 6Heat brown sugar, cinnamon and butter until butter melts.
- 7Remove from heat and spread over each rolled out dough piece. Sprinkle with nuts.
- 8Roll each section starting at a long side. Roll tightly. Using a piece of thread, slice each roll so there are 12 pieces.
- 9Place in greased pans and cover pans tightly with foil or plastic wrap.
- 10Refrigerate overnight - up to 48 hours.
- 11In the morning: Remove foil or plastic wrap and bake in 350 degree preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- 13May also let rise in pan 1 hour then bake - skipping refrigeration step.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.7
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.9 mg
- Sodium 284.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 4.0 g