Recipe by BB502
Our Family loves this cake! Anytime we serve it, or give it in our GiftBaskets...everyone wants the recipe! You cannot tell it has Zucchini in it, but it makes for a very moist, tender cake. I took a few old recipes for Zucchini cakes and made some changes, ending up with this wonderful recipe! You can make it different each time, by adding raisins, or cranberries, blueberries, peaches, apples, pineapple, etc. I usually make it in a 13X9 pan and cut it into five nice sized loaves, for sharing or freezing! The cinnamon and cloves give it such a great flavor, and the aroma when baking is awesome!
Top Review by Tetris Master!
This was a great bread in the summertime with fresh zucchini. The moisture from the garden-fresh squash helped with the 3/4 c of cocoa powder I added instead of the fruit.
- 3 cups zucchini, grated
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (optional)
- various fruit (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, mix Zucchini, Sugar,Oil and Eggs.
- Combine all dry ingredients in another bowl, mixing well.
- Add dry ingredients to Zucchini mixture.
- Blend in nuts or fruits, raisins, etc.
- Pour mixture into a greased and floured 13x9 pan or a Bundt pan.
- Bake 13x9 pan 350° for 1 hour.
- Bake Bundt pan 350° for 1½ hours.
- May be served as is, or topped with.
- a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or drizzle of icing or whipped topping, etc.