Jill L. "Margaritta Lover"'s Note:
These are "THE BEST" cut out christmas cookies. They are super soft. Everyone always asks her for the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1Put the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- 2Beat well with an electric mixer.
- 3Add the flour.
- 4Mix gently with a spoon until well blended.
- 5Cover and put in the refrigerator.
- 6Chill well.
- 7Roll the dough out on a flat, floured surface.
- 8Do not roll the dough out too thin or too thick. I usually roll it out to about a 1/4 inch thick.
- 9Cut your cookies out and put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 10Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 11**Note** do not overbake. I usually take them out of the over when the bottom of the cookies are slightly brown.
- 12Let cool in a single layer on wax paper.
- 13When they are cool, frost and decorate with colored sugars.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Christmas Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (20 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 82.5
- Calories from Fat 28
- Total Fat 3.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 11.7 mg
- Sodium 146.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 7.0 g
- Protein 1.1 g