Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are "THE BEST" cut out christmas cookies. They are super soft. Everyone always asks her for the recipe.
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- splash of milk to moisten the powdered sugar. can slowly add a little more milk to make the frosting powdered sugar
- food coloring (optional)
- Put the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Beat well with an electric mixer.
- Add the flour.
- Mix gently with a spoon until well blended.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator.
- Chill well.
- Roll the dough out on a flat, floured surface.
- Do not roll the dough out too thin or too thick. I usually roll it out to about a 1/4 inch thick.
- Cut your cookies out and put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 12-14 minutes at 350 degrees.
- **Note** do not overbake. I usually take them out of the over when the bottom of the cookies are slightly brown.
- Let cool in a single layer on wax paper.
- When they are cool, frost and decorate with colored sugars.