Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
recipe won a prize in a cake contest for my Mom!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup sour milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups zucchini, finely shredded (press out any excess liquid)
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- There are many versions of this recipe, this one we like the best for our family! Beat margarine,oil and sugar well.
- Beat in eggs, vanilla and sour milk.
- Sift dry ingredients and beat into mixture. Stir in zucchini.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured tube or Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle top of batter with chips ( Or could stir into batter if you wish ) Bake in a 325F oven 40 to 45 minutes or tested done. Cool in pan 15 minutes and carefully remove to finish cooling.Sprinkle with powder sugar if desired.
- Freezes well and tastes wonderful!
Awesome cake. I substituted the oil with applesauce and used 1/4 c. cocoa. I added 1 tsp salt as I compared it with other recipes and they had salt. Moist and delicious! A real keeper.
I made this recipe and just wanted to say that the cake really needs to cook much longer! I had it in for about 60-65 minutes!
Great cake I start making this once I have a few too many zucchinis. Like today!!!!