This recipe was given to my mom by a next door neighbor many years ago. It makes a wonderful dark chocolate cupcake, or double the recipe for a sheet or layer cake. It has become a family favorite and is always requested at birthdays.
- Mix all ingredients together until moist and well blended.
- Put in cupcake cups and bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Frost with your favorite icing.
- To make a layer cake, double the recipes and put in 2 round cake pans.
- Increase baking time to about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.