Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies the way my Mom used to make them but with mini chocolate chips.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces mini chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons 2% low-fat milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cube unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons shortening, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and shortening with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute.
- Add sugars and vanilla, beat till creamy on medium speed.
- In a seperate bowl, beat eggs with fork.
- Add eggs and milk to buttery mixture, mix just until combined.
- Gradually add dry ingredients (in three parts), mixing till combined between each addition.
- Using a wooden spoon, fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop teaspoon fulls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 9 - 11 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Cool on wire rack.