Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Mom always had the best chocolate chip cookies. There was something about them that was different yet exactly right. I've tweaked her recipe to fit my low-cholesterol, whole grain diet, and they're still just as perfect as I remember them.
- 1 cup light margarine
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons egg whites
- 2 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup oatmeal (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed meal (optional)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cream together until smooth: Butter, Sugar, Brown Sugar, & Vanilla.
- Beat egg white & add to mixture.
- Mix in separate bowl: Flour, Baking Soda, salt, oatmeal, and flaxseed meal. Add gradually to other mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded teaspoon onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.