Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my mother-in-law's recipe. I am always asking her to make it when we visit. I have made these for buffet get-togethers and serve them from a crock pot to keep them warm. I usually double the recipe. Overnight marinating time is not included in prep time.
- 3 -4 lbs chicken wings
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- Rinse wings and pat dry.
- Mix all ingredients together and marinate overnight, turning a couple of times.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes.
- Turn them over halfway through cooking time.
- Baste a couple of times as well.
I made these wings the other day for dinner and served them with veggie fried rice, and I thought that the flavor of the sauce was great. I really liked the sweetness and texture that the pineapple gave them. I was hoping that with all of the sugar in the sauce they would have crisped up in the oven, but that didn't happen. Overall though they were pretty tasty.
This recipe was exellent! My dad....who only eats 'shake & bake' even loved them! The pinapple is what makes it! I also used a bit of sesame oil which added a nice flavour.