Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family loves this. Serve with lots of buttered potato bread to sop up the juices. I sometimes add more soup and water because my daughter can eat almost a whole loaf of bread just dipping it in the juice. Unsure of yield.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 -3 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed tomato soup
- hot pepper flakes (optional)
- Brown the beef and remove it from the grease. Saute the onion, pepper and celery in the drippings until tender.
- Add all ingredients together plus three soup-cans full of water. Heat through and serve.
Made this for relatives that came to visit. I did not eat it as I dont eat canned soup; but they really enjoyed it. They gave it five stars. Served over white rice, but did omit the celery per their request. Thanks for sharing.