Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
My mom always made this for my family every fall and winter. It was my dad's favorite come deer hunting season!
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 46 ounces tomato juice
- 12 ounces tomato paste
- 28 ounces petite diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 ounces hot chili seasoning mix, mccormicks
- 4 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans
- brown hamburger with onions and garlic.
- add all remaining ingredients and simmer for 2 hours. I also like to brown the hamburger the night before and add all ingredients in my crockpot, refridgerate, and then set on low while at work the next day (approx. 8 hours) Dinner will be ready when you get home!
A very easy recipe to follow, my family LOVED it!! We added shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream. Would make it again