Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have adapted about 3 recipes into this family favorite so I guess you could say it's may own concoction. This is a chunky chili with minimal liquid.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1 (14 ounce) can pork and beans with molasses
- chili powder, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- In a large skillet or a saucepan cook ground beef, onion, and garlic till meat is brown and onion is tender.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, drained and rinced red kidney beans, brown beans, chili powder, sugar, salt, black pepper, basil and allspice. Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes.