Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I got this recipe from a bar in my hometown named Pee Wee's...this is the only chili recipe I ever make and I am posting this for safe keeping so I don't lose it and my kids can have a copy of it
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) canned corn, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (46 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 dash hot sauce, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- cilantro, oregano, cumin
- Cook ground sirloin and onion together until done, drain. Add everything else and simmer on low for at least one hour.
Excellent! We do have a family favorite for chili but like adding variety to my meals so am always looking for new ideas and trying new recipes. Great recipe. Used a small can of tomato juice because I didn't have a large and it worked for me. Other then that I made as posted and wouldn't change a thing. Loved the addition of the corn. This ones a keeper! Thank you Cindy.
I added 10 pieces of uncooked spaghetti, broken into tiny pieces at the last 10 minutes before serving.