This is the only chicken pot pie I will eat - Mom's recipe, the best ever, my favorite dish from childhood (it is fun to eat the little pies).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted almond (optional)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (get regular size can)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth (get regular size can)
- 1/4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen tart shells (in freezer section with regular frozen pie shells. They come 8 to a pkg. We don't know if this is th)
- 1Boil chicken or cook in a pressure cooker. I use a pressure cooker and use the water from it as the chicken broth. You could also cook in a microwave and use canned broth.
- 2Chop the chicken. In a bowl mix all ingredients except bread crumbs and grated cheese.
- 3Fill uncooked tart shells with chicken mixture. Combine some bread crumbs and cheese; sprinkle on top of the pot pies.
- 4Place on baking sheet and cook in 350 degree oven about 30 minutes or until the pie shells are brown. You can also make this in a regular pie shell.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Chicken Pot Pies
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1000.5
- Calories from Fat 568
- Total Fat 63.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 64.4 mg
- Sodium 1747.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: