Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the only chicken pot pie I will eat - Mom's recipe, the best ever, my favorite dish from childhood (it is fun to eat the little pies).
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped toasted almond (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (15 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup (get regular size can)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chicken broth (get regular size can)
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen tart shells (in freezer section with regular frozen pie shells. They come 8 to a pkg. We don't know if this is th)
- Boil chicken or cook in a pressure cooker. I use a pressure cooker and use the water from it as the chicken broth. You could also cook in a microwave and use canned broth.
- Chop the chicken. In a bowl mix all ingredients except bread crumbs and grated cheese.
- Fill uncooked tart shells with chicken mixture. Combine some bread crumbs and cheese; sprinkle on top of the pot pies.
- Place on baking sheet and cook in 350 degree oven about 30 minutes or until the pie shells are brown. You can also make this in a regular pie shell.