Mrs. Carp's Note:
This is my all time favorite food. I can never get it as good as hers, but it's still delicious. Also, we're both visual cooks, so the measurements may be a little off. Use more cheese if you're a cheese lover like me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 pie shell (pre-made, frozen, or homemade)
- 1 chicken breast (2 if you like a lot of chicken)
- 8 ounces peas
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 cup creole seasoning (more if you like)
- 1 (8 ounce) can chicken broth or 1 bouillon cube
For Cheese Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In pan, melt butter on medium high.
- 3When melted, add flour to fully cover all of the butter on the bottom of the pan.
- 4Stir with a wisk and lower the temperature to med-low.
- 5It should start to have a cookie dough-like consistency.
- 6Constantly wisk so that the dough/sauce never browns or burns.
- 7Slowly add cream and stir with wisk.
- 8Add more and more cream, untill it has a creamy sauce consistency. When creamy, add shredded cheese slowly and wisk.
- 9In a seperate pan add the butter and chopped seasoning. Let it cook down into the butter.
- 10While waiting, cut up the chicken breasts and cook in a separate pan.
- 11In a pot, add can of condensed cream of chicken soup and seasoning mixture.
- 12Reduce it to a more liquid form, by adding chicken broth.
- 13Add the chicken, peas, and sour cream.
- 14Let it cook and simmer, but stirring all the time so the cheese does not burn.
- 15Precook the pie shell in a glass pie dish until it is firm - not brown.
- 16Pour in the contents of the pan into the warmed pie shell.
- 17If using a top, cut around glass pie dish and press with fingers. If not, just place in oven.
- 18Cut slits in the top for venting the pie.
- 19Cook for 30 minutes or until shell is light brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mom's Chicken Pot Pie
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1223.5
- Calories from Fat 918
- Total Fat 102.0 g
- Saturated Fat 55.8 g
- Cholesterol 248.8 mg
- Sodium 1612.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 36.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: