Recipe by UnknownChef86
A sure kids pleaser. You're kids will love u even more.
Top Review by Aiden's Mom
I made these for my four year old son. Not only did he enjoy them but so did I and my father as well. I didn't have seasoned breadcrumbs so I added oregano, garlic powder and onion powder to the crumbs. I also sprinkled a little extra cheese on the nuggets before baking. I kept them in the oven a little longer than the recipe called for. They browned up nicely.
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup dry Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into ½ to ¾ inch wide strips
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- catsup, for dipping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- In small bowl combine flour, salt and pepper.
- In another bowl beat together milk and egg.
- Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese on a plate.
- Coat chicken strips in flour mixture then dip in egg and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Place chicken on baking sheet, drizzle with melted butter or margarine.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink in center.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Place each serving in a small plastic food-storage bag and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Serve with catsup, if desired.
- TO FREEZE: Place each serving in a heavy-duty plastic food storage bag and freezes up to 1 month.
- Frozen nuggets placed in a lunch box at room temperature will thaw in 3 hours.